Sunday, September 2, 2012

How to fix the Android ICS Cut/Copy/Paste "Force Close" problem

Hello,
So I've had this nagging issue on my Galaxy Tab P6800 7.7", and that no matter what application I'm using and want to do a simple text Copy & Paste, I end up with the application just force closing. Googling around, I stumbled upon this very nice fix; post #8 @ forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/195268-problems-cut-paste.html .

The fix simply goes as follows:
1- Root your device
2- Download Root Explorer (great app) or such
3- Mount / as R/W
4- Browse to /data/clipboard, mark delete all that's there
5- Head over to your applications, and find a service called TestService, and clear its data
6- Reboot your device and enjoy :-)

So far so good, my device is even running much better.

P.S. I'm on stock ICS with Apex launcher.

Let me know if that helped or if you find any mistakes :-)

1 comment: